Current Career Opportunities
Stay up to date with all available career opportunities.
Senior Executive – eCommerce, a leading Retail Group
EXECUTIVE SEARCH STATUS: Current
POSITION: Senior Executive – eCommerce
NATURE OF BUSINESS: Retail Group
REPORTS TO: Chief Executive Officer
SUMMARY OF EXECUTIVE OPPORTUNITY:
The Candidate will:
- Assume responsibility for the full eCommerce value chain which consists of a variety of participants and inputs from: marketing and customer analytics, assessing technical platforms, supply of sales stock, inventory management, payment systems, warehousing and logistics. Drive growth and enhance product offering online for South Africa with potential to roll out into stores in Africa. Ensure that the organisation utilises online stores effectively as a channel that consumers can use seamlessly to make purchases outside of existing retail stores.
- Work closely with sales, marketing, product development, supply chain and distribution to invest in the organisations eCommerce initiatives which directly impacts technologically engaged customers and ultimately contributes to the Groups bottom line. Provide strong leadership skills with the ability to strategise and take the business on a digital journey, as well as capable of being operational in order to drive initial growth.
KEY EXECUTIVE ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED:
- Relevant academic qualification in business management or information technology
- Preferably supported by a MBA or post-graduate management qualification
- Should ideally be between 40’s and mid 50’s in terms of the minimum years of experience required for the position
- Senior professional with relevant experience in the eCommerce environment
- At least five years’ exposure to strategy and policy setting
- Essential to have at least 10 years of experience in eCommerce transformation (front-end and back-end) and innovation of which 5 years should be at a senior executive level preferably gained in the retail sector
- Important to understand marketing, strategy, eCommerce and IT
KEY JOB PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- Assume the position of Senior Executive, eCommerce and build upon the existing success and momentum while increasing its profit contribution to the Group
- Maintain an eCommerce strategy aligned with the business vision and ensuring an appropriate platform and delivery framework to support the business vision from a strategic perspective
- Particular emphasis will be on obtaining a better understanding of customer behaviour afforded by data analysis and to inspire cultural and technological transformation and deliver value to the business. In addition, the individual will facilitate the drive of the Group’s eCommerce strategy by leading and inspiring key individuals within different business functions to buy-in to the Group’s enhanced strategy
- Work cross-functionally with supply chain, distribution, and eCommerce team to ensure flawless execution of online content and enhancements, and help drive the eCommerce road map forward
- Evaluate emerging technologies and provide guidance for adoption if appropriate, while keeping up to date with relevant technology and digital changes within eCommerce
Send your details in confidence to: email@example.com
Note: Amrop Woodburn Mann will verify the qualifications of candidates prior to client interview. Should you be interviewed by Amrop Woodburn Mann you will be asked to sign a consent form to permit us to verify your qualifications. Scanned copies of your degrees and diplomas may be asked for and can be sent to us when sending us your educational and career details.