Current Career Opportunities
Stay up to date with all available career opportunities.
Mining Superintendent, Opencast Mining
EXECUTIVE SEARCH STATUS: Current
POSITION: Mining Superintendent
NATURE OF BUSINESS: Opencast Mining
JOB LOCATION: Northern Cape
SUMMARY OF EXECUTIVE OPPORTUNITY:
Holder of 2.6.1 appointment. Responsible for all production outputs and management of the outsourced drilling and blasting; load and haul function which includes: ensuring legal requirements are compiled by the contractor as well as delivery of service as agreed on. To be responsible for planning, directing, coordinating and reporting activities concerning production to ensure throughput as per the mining plan.
KEY EXECUTIVE ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED:
- At least 10 to 15 years relevant experience of mine engineering and planning in open-pit surface operations which specialise in retrieving hard rock.
- Management of various contractors employed in the pit operations (including load and haul contractors, secondary, dewatering and in-fill drilling contractors, dust suppressions, sanitation and dewatering contractors)
- BSc/B.Tech. Mining Engineering (NQF 7)
- Blasting certificate
- Mine Overseer certificate
- A Mine Managers certificate of competence will be advantageous
Send your details in confidence to: email@example.com
Note: Part of the Woodburn Mann process involves verification of your qualifications. Many clients also request that potential candidates complete criminal and credit checks.