Current Career Opportunities
Stay up to date with all available career opportunities.
Group Head of IT Operations, Pan African Financial Services Organisation
EXECUTIVE SEARCH STATUS: Current
POSITION: Group Head of IT Operations
NATURE OF BUSINESS: Pan African Financial Services Organisation
JOB LOCATION: Mauritius
REPORTS TO: Group Chief Information and Digital Officer
TOTAL STAFF RESPONSIBILITY: In excess of 20
SUMMARY OF EXECUTIVE OPPORTUNITY:
Assume responsibility and accountability for the effective and efficient management of the day to day operations of the core banking and other critical transactional applications for Group across the various countries in which the Group operates
Oversee the Information Technology function within the Group with responsibility for end to end application changes’ deployment and management and successfully managing of incidents impacting the availability of banking services to the end customers.
Drive the adoption of Sapphire ticketing related to incidents, service requests etc.; and in turn coordinate and execute Data recovery drills for all Group systems.
KEY EXECUTIVE ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED:
- Bachelors, Masters or Professional Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science
- Essential to have at least 15-18 years of experience in Information Technology of which minimum of 5 years should be at a senior executive level of a large multi-country IT facility, ideally in the Financial Services sector
- At least 5 years’ experience with banking applications such as core banking, cards & payments
- Experience in managing a centralized infrastructure service provider, and a knowledge of service and IT Operations management standards
- Solid Technical Infrastructure experience with at least 10 years hands on experience managing IT incidents and operations for applications
- Experienced in managing incidents and day to day operational issues in a structured approach, and set and manage priorities judiciously
- Ability to communicate effectively and specially under high pressure situations ie. during business service outages
- Experience across relevant geographies in Africa/Asia
- Experience in managing core banking applications like Finacle, and / or payments switch like Smartvista will be preferred
- Exposure in implementing IT standards like ITIL V3, ISO standards will be preferred
- Strong project management acumen, excellent vendor management skills, and a superior, service-oriented approach to IT operations
- A strong feel for business and the issues facing the financial services industry in Africa
KEY JOB PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- Oversee and ensure the seamless management of day-to-day technology including core banking and other peripheral applications across the various Banks and shared service center, all of which should function as per user expectation:
- Key systems are core banking system, channels including switch, payment systems, treasury, credit origination, payroll, management reporting, asset liability
- Responsible for the end to end IT Operations management (server infrastructure, File server services, exchange services, networks, telephony, end user computing, production support, vendor management, and service monitoring) within the technology team.
- Own and assist in the roll-out and deployment of applications in all the Banks / branches across the various countries within the Group.
- Manage any outage or incident related to unavailability of IT systems which impacts end customer services.
- Support both Group and in-country IT Teams on local systems; tracking and monitoring of all outages and the resolution thereof.
Send your details in confidence to: email@example.com
Note: Amrop Woodburn Mann will verify the qualifications of candidates prior to client interview. Should you be interviewed by Amrop Woodburn Mann you will be asked to sign a consent form to permit us to verify your qualifications. Scanned copies of your degrees and diplomas may be asked for and can be sent to us when sending us your educational and career details.