Current Career Opportunities
Stay up to date with all available career opportunities.
Group Chief Financial Officer, Leading Banking Group
EXECUTIVE SEARCH STATUS: Current
POSITION: Group Chief Financial Officer
NATURE OF BUSINESS: Leading Banking Group
JOB LOCATION: East Africa
REPORTS TO: Group Managing Director
FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY: Asset base in excess of US$ 1 million
SUMMARY OF EXECUTIVE OPPORTUNITY:
The Group Chief Financial Officer will be accountable for the financial management of the Group, including the various countries in which they operate, together with the consolidated Group position. Work with the Group Board of Directors, Country CFOs, CEOs and Executive Directors in charting the direction of the Bank, assuring its accountability to all constituencies, and ensuring its effective operation.
KEY EXECUTIVE ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED:
- Essential to hold a Master’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration. Ideally a Chartered Accountant. A Masters of Business Administration (MBA) would be an advantage
- A technically sound accountant with sound knowledge of IFRS, Stock Exchanges and related listings requirements and relevant legislation (Transfer Pricing, Taxation).
- Ideally have worked in Africa, with an awareness of varying legal/regulatory environments and cultural differences
- Proven leadership and communication skills with the ability to lead a multi-disciplinary team of professional staff across multi country offices, and attract, grow and retain a team of talent
- Experience of statutory and executive management reporting.
- In-depth business awareness and thorough understanding of financial services sector and risk policies and procedures.
- Good understanding of broader operating environment including codes of practice.
- Experience of working with senior management and of exerting influence with formal authority.
Send your details in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Amrop Woodburn Mann will verify the qualifications of candidates prior to final client interview. Should you be interviewed by Amrop Woodburn Mann you will be asked to sign a consent form to permit us to verify your qualifications. Scanned copies of your degrees and diplomas may be asked for and can be sent to us when sending us your educational and career details.