Current Career Opportunities
Stay up to date with all available career opportunities.
General Manager, Open Cast Mine
EXECUTIVE SEARCH STATUS: Current
POSITION: General Manager
NATURE OF BUSINESS: Open Cast Mine
MINE LOCATION: Northern Cape
REPORTS TO: Chief Executive Officer
SUMMARY OF EXECUTIVE OPPORTUNITY:
To manage the overall operation and functioning of the mine with particular emphasis on ensuring operational effectiveness and efficiency, increasing volume, reducing costs, maintaining a good safety record, ensuring mining operations meet business objectives, being responsible for overall compliance and risk management on the mine.
KEY EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- A Bachelor of Science (Engineering) or Bachelor of Technology (BTech) degree: Mining Engineering
- Must have operated as a Section 4.1 appointee
- At least 18 years post qualification experience
- Must have at least 10 years’ experience in mining management ideally in hard rock open-pit mining
- Must have had a track record of success in increasing production
- Must be residing or willing to relocate to the Northern Cape
- Postgraduate business qualification such as an MBA will be an advantage
Send your details in confidence to: email@example.com
Note: Amrop Woodburn Mann will verify the qualifications of candidates prior to client interview. Should you be interviewed by Amrop Woodburn Mann you will be asked to sign a consent form to permit us to verify your qualifications. Scanned copies of your degrees and diplomas may be asked for and can be sent to us when sending us your educational and career details.