Current Career Opportunities
Stay up to date with all available career opportunities.
Senior Manager - Production, Industrial Manufacturing Company
POSITION: Senior Manager, Production
NATURE OF BUSINESS: Industrial Manufacturing
REPORTING TO: General Manager – Technical Innovation and Production
JOB LOCATION: Vaal
FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY: Expenses of R500million
SUMMARY OF EXECUTIVE OPPORTUNITY: Provide strategic direction and effective leadership in managing and co-ordinating the Manufacturing Strategy for the entire Production Complex (inclusive of People, Plant, Process and Systems) through World Class Manufacturing Principles in a safe and efficient manner to deliver quality product and create a long term competitive advantage. Responsibilities include all Plant, Processing, System and people functions.
Lead the facility to serve customers, support capital projects, add value to the local community and prevent incidents, in accordance with company safety health environment, quality and hygiene Company policies, standards, guidelines and relevant legislation.
The successful candidate should have a passion for World Class Manufacturing Principles
KEY EXECUTIVE ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED:
- An individual of professional integrity with a minimum of 8 to 10 years’ experience in manufacturing environment with at least 5 years in management
- Good working and execution experience in World Class Manufacturing Principles. Lean or Six Sigma Principles etc. a non-negotiable
- Experience within the Petro Chemical Industry a distinct advantage
- Strategic thinker within the frame of World Class Practices with strong process skills
- Strong drive to deliver results coupled with sound people management and leadership skills in order to motivate and coach staff, build relationships and engage the team to deliver the required results. Ability to keep production staff motivated in face of competition
- A team player who values and enables Team Work, and is able to “take” staff along with him and communicate effectively. Willing to get hands dirty
- Experience in playing the role of a change agent, with sound Business Acumen Skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with high energy levels
- The ability to work independently under pressure, and meet deadlines
- Tertiary qualification or equivalent in engineering or technical subject
- (eg. BSc Engineering/Mechanical/Industrial/Chemical)
- Six Sigma Certification and Senior Management or Leadership qualification an advantage
- Explosives Management qualification an advantage
Send your details in confidence to: email@example.com
Note: Should you be interviewed by Amrop Woodburn Mann you will be asked to sign a consent form to permit us to verify your qualifications. Scanned copies of your degrees and diplomas may be asked for and can be sent to us when sending us your educational and career details.