Current Career Opportunities
Stay up to date with all available career opportunities.
General Manager - Safari Lodge, Hospitality and Conference Facility
EXECUTIVE SEARCH STATUS: Current
POSITION: General Manager, Safari Lodge
COMPANY: Hospitality and Conference Facility
JOB LOCATION: Mpumalanga
SUMMARY OF EXECUTIVE OPPORTUNITY: The incumbent will assume overall responsibility for the management of all operational facets of the lodge. The successful candidate will be an Ambassador for the company brand and the Lodge itself, providing leadership and strategic planning to all departments in support of the service culture, maximised operations and guest satisfaction. The General Manager will be responsible for delivering against set financial and business objectives.
As General Manager of the new Lodge, the role would cover managing the lodge’s management team (HODs) and overall lodge targets to deliver an excellent guest experience. This would include: coordinating business operations, formulating policies, allocating budget resources, improving administration processes, monitoring and motivating staff, managing operational costs, engaging with vendors, and hiring and training employee
KEY QUALIFICATIONS EXECUTIVE ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED:
- A relevant hotel management/tourism related qualification (Degree or Non-Degree). An additional postgraduate qualification in Business Administration or a Commercial field would be highly beneficial
- At least ten (10) to fifteen (15) years of post-qualifying hospitality experience and should currently be in a General Management or similar executive role in a Lodge operating in the tourism/wildlife management sector or adjacent industries
- Should have been exposed to opening a new establishment in the hospitality sector, preferably with a rating of either a 3 to 4 Star
- Knowledge and experience in managing a Conference facilities and its requisite offerings
- Should have managed a professional staff complement of at least fifty people and have been responsible for an annual turnover of at least R25 million
- Experience working in remote areas or locations would be an advantage due the added logistical burden and long lead-times
- Must have a broad understanding of planning and budgeting and related financial management principles to ensure decisions are fiscally sound and responsible
- Display an interest in ecology and conservation, and an awareness of the “greening principles” on which the lodge has been designed
- Demonstrate a proven track record of
- Customer Service Skills, with an enjoyment of dealing with customers, being friendly, helpful and providing an excellent level of service to customers
- People Management skills, with experience in motivating, training, directing and working alongside staff to achieve required goals
- Team Engagement, and assisting with other duties if required, and not afraid to get their hands dirty and will go the extra mile.
- Decision making skills, and the ability to think on ones feet and adapt to changing conditions. Make decisions which best suit the situation.
- Technical Skills, the ability to employ practical skills necessary to running a lodge successfully and be proficient in using them.
- Problem Solving where one is able to assess operational issues and take the best course of action to get them resolved.
Send your details in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Amrop Woodburn Mann will verify the qualifications of candidates prior to client interview. Should you be interviewed by Amrop Woodburn Mann you will be asked to sign a consent form to permit us to verify your qualifications. Scanned copies of your degrees and diplomas may be asked for and can be sent to us when sending us your educational and career details.