Current Career Opportunities
Stay up to date with all available career opportunities.
Executive Director, Education
POSITION: Executive Director, Education
NATURE OF BUSINESS: a leading professional services body
JOB LOCATION: Johannesburg
REPORTS TO: Chief Executive Officer
SUMMARY OF EXECUTIVE OPPORTUNITY:
The incumbent will be responsible for the successful leadership; design and management of an integrated Education Strategy that focuses on both local & international education and learning standards pre and post qualification. The incumbent will aggregate Thought Leadership; Research and continuous capacity building aimed to maintain applicable top class and credible standards across the profession
KEY EXECUTIVE ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED:
- 10-15 or more years’ experience in a strategic leadership role within selected Education Institutions/Associations, Professional Bodies, Auditing Firms and selected Financial Services organisations
- Must have had experience in formulating strategies within the education and learning environment and providing strategic guidance to executive leadership in this regard
- Proven track record in managing and leading a team successfully
- Must have demonstrable experience in partnering/collaborating with diverse stakeholders
- Experience in working with and presenting to the Board
- Qualified Chartered Accountant preferable/ Master’s Degree in an Education related field
KEY JOB PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Design and deliver a long term strategy and framework aligned to that of the organisation in order to ensure that the Institute is equipped to deliver on its strategic intent
- In partnership with the Executive team, be responsible for developing and implementing the strategic initiatives which retain and or propel the organisations brand and designation to greater stature, in turn to the advantage of its members.
- Lead all functions related to professional development and specialist functions (i.e. Tax; Assurance; Integrated Reporting, etc.) and be responsible for providing strategic leadership within this specialized function by working with the Chief Executive Officer and Executive Management team to establish short to long term goals and strategies related to Education.
- Drive effective communication, implementation and on-going assessment of the strategy
Send your details in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Amrop Woodburn Mann will verify the qualifications of candidates prior to client interview. Should you be interviewed by Amrop Woodburn Mann you will be asked to sign a consent form to permit us to verify your qualifications. Scanned copies of your degrees and diplomas may be asked for and can be sent to us when sending us your educational and career details.