Current Career Opportunities
Stay up to date with all available career opportunities.
Chief Financial Officer, Listed Group
POSITION: Chief Financial Officer
NATURE OF BUSINESS: Listed Group
JOB LOCATION: Cape
REPORTS TO: Managing Director
FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY: In excess of R7 billion
SUMMARY OF EXECUTIVE OPPORTUNITY:
The group has a multinational footprint with international operations and well-known brands. The successful candidate will assume responsibility for planning, directing, managing and controlling the company’s financial activities, tax, fiscal, governance and investor relations operations of the the JSE and NSX listed company. They will lead the finance function of the Company in terms of defining financial control and reporting, risk management and growth and profitability in support of the organisation’s local and global strategic plans. Also assume responsibility for the Group’s IT, Shared Services, Commercial, Procurement and Legal functions.
KEY EXECUTIVE ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED:
- Essential to hold a Chartered Accountant qualification. Additional post graduate qualifications would be desirable
- At least ten years of progressively responsible financial experience for a major company or division of a large corporation preferably gained within the consumer goods sector
- Preference for listed company experience and be recognised by relevant sector analysts as a highly regarded individual
- Useful to have had prior M&A experience
- Sound knowledge of GAAP, IFRS, King 3 Report, JSE Listings Requirements and relevant legislation (Tax, Company, Property, Insurance Law). Useful, but not essential to have knowledge of NSX requirements
- Must have a good understanding of audit and risk assessment processes and principles
- Must understand how to formulate and execute business strategies as well as effectively lead a team of professional staff
- Should have experience in partnering with an executive team and have a high level of written and oral communication skills
Send your details in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Amrop Woodburn Mann will verify the qualifications of candidates prior to client interview. Should you be interviewed by Amrop Woodburn Mann you will be asked to sign a consent form to permit us to verify your qualifications. Scanned copies of your degrees and diplomas may be asked for and can be sent to us when sending us your educational and career details.