Completed Career Opportunities
View all previously available career opportunities.
Head, Electrical Engineering Segment
EXECUTIVE SEARCH STATUS: COMPLETED
POSITION: Head, Electrical Engineering Segment
NATURE OF BUSINESS: a leading listed diversified industrial group
JOB LOCATION: Johannesburg
REPORTS TO: Group Chief Executive Officer
SUMMARY OF EXECUTIVE OPPORTUNITY:
The Electrical Engineering Segment Head is responsible for all executive management matters affecting the Segment. This includes providing strategic leadership and support to executive teams and driving the execution of the strategic and operational performance of the Electrical Engineering Segment to ensure that the Segment achieves its short and long-term objectives.
KEY EXECUTIVE ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED:
- A relevant degree
- Must have had at least ten years’ experience in a senior executive role in a complex industrial or engineering organisation
- Strong financial and commercial acumen is essential. An understanding of the electrical engineering sector would be preferable
- Ability to translate business objectives into practical, prioritised and organised action plans and ensure that plans are successfully implemented
- Ability to generate and implement new and innovative ideas/approaches to improve business outcomes
- Market and customer knowledge coupled with exposure to M&A activity
KEY JOB PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- Contribute to the Group’s strategic planning process by providing input and support
- Maximise people capability and capacity by investing in a holistic development approach, incorporating the dynamics of a new SA
- Develop, integrate, implement and leverage the execution of key performance indicators in such a manner as to reflect the core value-add of the Electrical Engineering Segment with regards to both tangible and non-tangible performance results thereby contributing to the sustainability and profitability of the Group
- Actively develop short and long term strategies and monitor Divisional Business Unit’s budgets within agreed budget parameters utilising sound financial principles thereby ensuring optimal cost management without compromising service delivery
Note: Amrop Woodburn Mann will verify the qualifications of candidates prior to client interview. Should you be interviewed by Amrop Woodburn Mann you will be asked to sign a consent form to permit us to verify your qualifications. Scanned copies of your degrees and diplomas may be asked for and can be sent to us when sending us your educational and career details.